Forever Filter for Drinkwell® hy•drate®
THIS FILTER HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED
Remaining inventory is available exclusively through Amazon.com.
There are no other authorized third-party sellers.
The Forever Filter is a reusable filter for your Drinkwell® hy•drate® pet fountain. When it’s time to change the filter, simply empty and rinse the canister, fill it with fresh activated carbon, and return it to the fountain. That’s it! The Forever Filter lets you keep your fountain running at a fraction of the cost.
Forever Filter vs disposable:
Water filters keep water fresh in two ways: a mesh captures large particles and a few teaspoons of activated carbon absorb some of the foul-tasting impurities.
Disposable filters contain a small amount of carbon, which helps keep your fountain’s water tasting fresh. When the filter fabric gets clogged and the carbon becomes saturated, the filter has to be replaced.
With the Forever Filter you pay for the filter once, and you replace only the carbon, which is very inexpensive.
The Forever Filter comes with enough carbon for 40 refills to get you started. When you run out of the included carbon, you can buy more at a pet store or online. $6 of store-bought carbon will last almost 3 years if you change it every 2 weeks. In fact, it’s so inexpensive you can choose to change as often as you want without worrying about the added cost.
- Durable construction: designed to last as long as your fountain
- Dishwasher safe (top rack only)
- Resists clogging, which causes strain on pump motor
- Includes enough carbon for 40 refills.
How to use the Forever Filter
- Remove cap.
- Dispose of used carbon. Consider adding it to compost or your garden!
- Clean cap and filter body. Rinse all parts. If necessary, clean with soap and water, or place in the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Fill with carbon.
- Snap cap onto the filter.
- Rinse filter before use. Activated carbon is usually very dusty. Hold filter under a faucet and run some water through it to wash off the carbon dust.
- Insert filter into fountain.
When to refill
Monitor the water quality and water flow in your fountain. You should clean and refill the filter when:
- The water quality deteriorates
- Water flow is reduced
Generally you will need to refill the filter every 2 weeks. Adjust this interval according to your pet’s preference and your fountain’s performance.
Buying more activated carbon
Activated carbon is a common aquarium supply found in most pet stores and on Amazon.com. We recommend Acurel Extreme.
You won’t need much carbon. A 23 oz jug of Acurel Extreme will last almost 3 years and costs around $9.